Friday, April 22, 2011

Murderers

I saw Murderers at IO on Wednesday night.

The group features Amanda Blake-Davis, John Hartman, Chris Witaske, Lauren Dowden, Tim Stoltenberg, and featured special guest Andy St. Clair on Wednesday. Aidy Bryant was supposed to be in the show but seeing as how she just promoted to ETC, it is very unlikely she'll be in a future show so Andy filled in for her last night.

The show starts by asking the audience to pick a number between 1-6. The next thing the audience is asked for is a location.

The introductory scene was in an elevator shaft and I was laughing so hard and almost fell out of my chair. Chris Witaske's shouting and slaps added to the hilarity of the evening.

Time Out Chicago lists the show as a Critics' Pick. I agree. It was very funny when I went.

Murders, for the time being, performs at 10:30 on Wednesdays in the Del Close Theater at IO, right after Dummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment