Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A POB Interview

No, I didn't interview POB but Live from New York, It's Saturday Night did. Here's an excerpt:
What advice, if any, do you have for aspiring comedy performers/writers?
Everything I've ever gotten has come to me when I stopped trying to get things, and focused on finding and performing in my own voice. So, make sure the bulk of your time is spent on projects that are truly unique to you and keep you up at night with excitement, not projects that showcase your cast ability. I'd also say don't get married to one path. I see a lot of people who let the fact that Second City or SNL has not hired them cause them to become bitter and/or quit comedy. I think it's healthier to set goals like, "I want to be working with friends and producing interesting comedy for a living some time soon," than "I need to get Second City main stage by 2012 and SNL by 2015 or I've failed."

Lastly, don't spend any energy worrying about what other comedians have been hired for, whether they deserve it, whether their last joke was good or not... Just worry about your own stuff and do your best to enjoy all the hilarious people out there without judgment. All easier said than done.

No comments:

Post a Comment